Life at Shaky K

Ramblings on knitting, living in the desert, family and our critters here at Shaky K

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Year of the sock

Anyone know if there IS such a thing in the Chinese calendar? If not, then those among us addicted to hand knit socks need to unite and do something about it!

I'm sure doing my best this year to see to it that family and friends are properly attired in hand knit socks. First up was the Rockin Sock Club from Blue Moon. Then there was the 1st round of Death By Socks, which was a whole lot of fun and has us all waiting patiently (HA!) for round 2 to begin.

Meanwhile, bring on the SockHopSwap and Sock Madness (Pics here) just to keep the fingers nimble and hope to stay out of trouble.

Then what happens...??? Miss Violet just happens to mention on the limenviolet podcast, a year long KAL that she's seriously considering joining... the 52PairPlunge where one commits to a pair a week for the year beginning April1, '07 and ending April 1 '08. I swear that if my family and friends weren't going to wind up the recipients of MOST of those 52 pair, they'd all have ME committed!!

The "icing" on the sock saga came this morning while I was cruising the blogs of fellow KALers and stumbled across Socktopia, (which is another year long KAL that's already started but still open to signups) so naturally I had to sign on for THAT one. THEN I just "happen" to see that Alison is going to be opening signups for sockapalooza 4. What's a gal to do? Oh well, as my knitting bud says... "It'll keep you out of the bars and the bingo parlors!" I don't do either to begin with, so I'm not sure that it applies, but it's all in fun anyway.

Holy COW! Here I thought just thinking about all the above that it was a fair bit of sock knitting, but seeing it all written out... I hope I haven't let my alligator mouth overload my hummingbird backside!

I best get myself off to bed where I hope NOT to have dreams of painting myself blue like Dorie and singing "Just keep knitting, just keep knitting"

Night!

3 Comments:

Blogger Abigail said...

Yes, it is the "Year of the Sock", but it could be worse. Just think it could be year of the sweater!

I think I'll be singing "Just keep knitting" all day:D

4:39 PM  
Blogger trixie stix said...

Thank you for thinking I am organized. Really, I am not very organized at all. You are lucky to have a sock yarn stash tote. I have a sock yarn stash hank.

Good luck with all your socks!

11:18 AM  
Blogger trixie stix said...

Thank you for thinking I am organized. Really, I am not very organized at all. You are lucky to have a sock yarn stash tote. I have a sock yarn stash hank.

Good luck with all your socks!

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home