Life at Shaky K

Ramblings on knitting, living in the desert, family and our critters here at Shaky K

Monday, August 20, 2007

Five sizes and counting


Pattern is working out nicely so far! Still have a couple adult sizes, infant's and toddler's to work out and then off to be tested!

Seems like I should be farther along at this point, but I guess I shouldn't complain. Since this past Thursday, I've done the 2nd Sasquatch size, the women's large (blues), and the kid's pair (on the far right there).

Started a pair yesterday for our oldest granddaughter, got all the way into the heel flap and remembered that I'd intended to use "Bellatrix" for her pair, and here I was moving right along with another size for this pattern! What's a G'ma to do? Frogged it back to the cuff and started over! Got into the cussit gusset before calling it quits last night. Hopefully by tonight I'll have them done.

GOT to get as far as I can with the knittin while I can. Daughter-in-law is bringing our (I'm ALMOST 6 G'ma!!) granddaughter down tomorrow to spend a few days. I'll meet up with Mom somewhere around halfway between our place and theirs on Friday to pass her back.

Knitting time is pretty much limited to late at night and early morning when she's here. She'll give Papa a run for HIS money when it's time to feed the beasties! She LOVES to sit on Breeze and ride him around while he follows Papa to get his grain tub. I've GOT to get some newer pics of THAT action! The links are from when she was a little over 2, and here she'll be 6 next month! Child has ALWAYS scared the snot out of me around the beasties! She has absolutely NO FEAR whatsoever! She and Papa are totally relaxed and nonchalant about her riding Breeze and the thought of her on/around THAT 1350 lb package of solid muscle absolutely scares the stuffin out of me! Siiiiiigh!

Best get back on that pair of socks while I can! Y'all have a great one!

2 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

The Bellatrix socks look really lovely - that's just a perfect color for them. I'm planning on a pair of those myself sooner or later :)

12:44 PM  
Blogger Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

I know that Can't-Elope colourway! Didn't I use it for one of the Sock Madness designs? (Those days were so hectic, can't even remember which one, but it might have been the turn-down cuff?)

Want those horses ridden? I'm on my way...

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home