Life at Shaky K

Ramblings on knitting, living in the desert, family and our critters here at Shaky K

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Monkey Sock Swap THREE


Just heard about the Monkey Sock Swap and rushed to sign up!! Looks to be a whole BUNCH of FUN!! IF you haven't signed up yet, RUN, do NOT walk over and sign up QUICK!! Sign-ups close on August 31, which means there's only a couple days left, so don't delay!!

Monkey Sock Swap THREE Questionnaire

The basics:
Do you consider yourself a beginning sock knitter, an intermediate, or have you been doing this so long you could probably knit a pair in your sleep?

Hmmmmm, except for the most intricate of details that I'd surely need to pay attention to, I'd probably say I could do most in my sleep.

The measurements:

Shoe Size: 7.5-8

Foot circumference: 9.5”

Foot length: 9.5”


Yarn Preferences:
What colors do you love?
Never met one I didn’t like


Do you prefer solids or variegated?
Variegateds (I don’t mind “pooling” – in fact I’m kind of intrigued with it and prefer it over striping)

Do you prefer wool, cotton or acrylic yarn?
Wool first, then cotton

What colors would you never wear?
None that I know of, I like em all.

What are your favorite brands of yarn?
STR, Seacoast, Koigu, Cider Moon, Fleece Artist, J-knits, Hand Maiden, Interlacements, Lisa Souza, Schaefer,
ShibuiKnits, Wollmeise, Yarn Pirate, etc, etc (I could go on all day!! J )

Are there any new brands you would like to try?
Dream in Color, Yarntini, Zen String, Wooly Boully, Scarlet Fleece, Posh Yarns, Apple Laine, Misty Mountain Farm, Fiesta, Chewy Spaghetti, (LOVE the “indies” and would eventually like to try them all).

Cookie A. Patterns:
Which of her patterns have you already knit?
Monkeys, BFF,
Baudelaire, Pomatomus, Hedera,

Which pattern(s) would you like to knit and don’t already own?
ALL of them (tho I do own them already)

Other pertinent information:

Would you be willing to have an international Monkey Pal or do you prefer one in the US?
I wouldn’t mind having an International pal at all, it sounds like great fun.

Do you have any allergies?
Only to meds ending in “caine”

Will your knitting be exposed to smoke or animals?
No

Are you on Ravelry yet? If you don’t mind having new friends, what is your Ravelry name?
I am on Ravelry and can be found under “Sandysays”

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, fellow Dish Rag Tag participant, I have sent you the box! Enjoy!

There is a 'sneak peak' on my blog, just of the box and the dishrag I made you--treats are in the box, wrapped in tissue.

Have fun and enjoy the game!

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home