Life at Shaky K

Ramblings on knitting, living in the desert, family and our critters here at Shaky K

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Spreading the love and paying it forward...

....the "yarny" love, that is. Over at Wendy's Woolies, I read her post about a "Pay It Forward Exchange". Since I've always loved to do things for others out of the blue and unexpectedly, I jumped at the chance to play too. Just a random act of kindness for another knitter (OR crocheter!) with no expectation of anything in return. Warm fuzzies for all involved!!

Here's the deal.... I'm going to commit to either making at least 3 yarny gifts (could be more, but it won't be less) to send forward out into knitterland to be fruitful and multiply.

I don't have an idea of how long it may take (I have other commitments as well and deadlines to meet), but I'm going to promise to send these out randomly (I'll use a random number generator) and promise an outside end date of 3-6 months at the latest.

If you like the concept and would like to be considered to be on the receiving end of one of these gift packages, and are willing to make the commitment to do likewise and "Pay It Forward", please leave a comment and make the same promise on your blog.

Doesn't have to be a knitted gift, just three random gifts made by you and sent to to others with no expectation of anything in return other than that they commit to do likewise.

Have a great weekend everyone and let's spread some yarny love!

4 Comments:

Blogger SissySees said...

I'm already paying it forward, but I wanted to pop in and thank you for your sage advice in the Tofutsies Group!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Krazi Knitter said...

Oooooh what a TERRIFIC idea! Please consider me for the pay-it-forward! I also have pleanty to share. Again, what a great idea!

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe you haven't gotten more takers for this!

I'll play :)

11:55 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I will play too. It seems like a really fun idea and I love this kind of stuff :)

I'm in for consideration :)

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home